Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday/Late Evening

Many meteorologists seem to be giving up on the potential snow/ice event for the Ohio Valley Region. I may not be an official meteorologist, but I see no reason to call this storm a bust for Kentuckiana yet.

Latest GFS took the storm pretty well to the west and well west of The APPS. You are probably asking yourself...isn't that a good thing? Well in this case its a bit to far north and west, so it pulls the warmer air to the north, giving us mainly rain. If models begin to trend east and south the next few runs, I believe it's time to get excited. I think we are underestimating just how much cold air may be wrapped into this system. Whoever does get snow/ice, it will be significant and potentially life threatening. I will have maps and discussion later tonight as the latest runs of the GFS/NAM come in, then much more tomorrow...STAY TUNED!

No comments: