Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday/9:22PM

Ok, after trying to team up with Erik and do a new blog, that just didn't work out. It's not his fault. We either didn't make enough time or didn't have enough time. In Erik's case, he didn't have enough time, for me, I had no excuse. However, I plan to update this blog nearly on a regular basis. I may not update it everyday, but if you begin to see me "slack", please encourage me to keep going or remind me. I have a brain that is like scrambled eggs, one thing goes on, then I completley forget another...I know, I know...I'm working on it!

Now for the weather...

After the coolest July ever recorded in the Midwest and Ohio Valley, it's back to the heat this weekend, and after all, it is August! As the ridge builds eastward temperatures will easily top 90 both Saturday and Sunday. Heat indices Sunday may very well reach 100 or higher across the entire region. After the recent flood, many people probably don't mind dry and hot weather.

Several people are cleaning up the pieces after flooding and damaging winds pounded the area Tuesday. I live in Jackson County, and 70% of the county is under water. I am blessed not to be one of those areas. For those people that are in the flooded areas, I pray that it will recede very fast, and with several dry days forecasted, the water will begin to go down.

The hardest hit region on Tuesday was Louisville, Kentucky. Several buildings including the library, and the college campus were engulfed in water. It was truly a catastrophe in that area.

A few photos are below (THESE ARE FROM THE NWS IN LOUISVILLE) some are from Louisville, and some from surrounding areas. If you want more information about the damage and more pictures click...HERE

This from the U of L campus. Wow...
Everyone have a God blessed night! More tomorrow...

No comments: