Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday/Early Afternoon

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I have been very busy with getting college stuff figured out etc...

Anyhow, a very nice round of severe weather yesterday. The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has completed it's damage survey in Lawerence County...for more on that click HERE

I live in Seymour, and saw several funnels, none of which touched down. The Jackson County Emergency Management office is offering a severe weather spotter class today. The address and time is below...

7 p.m. today at Jackson County Education Center, 1000 S. Poplar St. in Seymour.

I am having trouble posting the latest SPC maps on this computer, however not much of a change from earlier this morning. We are still in the 5% area, which isn't even considered a slight risk. I am not seeing many limiting factors tomorrow, except marginal instability due to earlier convection. I expect the SPC to place our area under a slight risk tomorrow, with the potential for a moderate risk out west in Central Illinois. The wind fields are looking beautiful on the latest model analysis. Again the only limiting factor is the instability, and this is why the SPC is holding back. I will keep an eye on things and have more for you late this afternoon! STAY TUNED!

No comments: