Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday/Late Morning

WEATHER CODE: GREEN ***No hazardous weather expected***



I will take the forecast day by day since we don't have to much going on...

Clouds are beginning to set in across Southern Indiana after a rather sunny morning. Temperatures today will top out in the middle and upper 50's and we will remain under the high to mid level clouds most of the afternoon...there may peeks of sunshine throughout the day.

Since we are in one of those rather "boring" periods of weather, which don't happen often across the Ohio Valley Region, I will talk about the change in my college plans.

I was accepted to Vincennes University a couple of months ago, and visited the campus several weeks ago. I did not like what I saw, especially the town itself. It was even more dry then the city I reside in (Seymour). It wasn't a bad school, and it looks to have plenty to offer, but it does not have a major or minor in broadcast meteorology. It only has a degree in broadcasting, so I have now opted out of going to VU.

I have applied to Ball State University which is in Muncie, Indiana. I am still waiting on a letter of acceptance or no acceptance. I have heard they have alot to offer and I believe I do as well. My grades throughout high school are not great. This is because of 2 things...1) Not knowing that this would affect my entire future...2) It was hard for me to self motivate myself, because I didn't think I was achieving anything. Well now I am beginning to realize that high school plays a HUGE part in determining your future, especially college. Sadly, many high school students are very smart, but don't have the grades to show it, so they kind of get the heeve-ho. Hopefully, I will not be one of those students, because I believe I have alot to offer in the forecasting of the ever changing weather that occurs across the United States. Math is not my strongest subject, but I am willing to learn to obtain the dream I have had my eyes on since I was 4 years old. Although not a math geek, I have the ability of understanding the weather and it's parameters. Hopefully Ball State will give me the opportunity to prove myself...I will not disappoint!

Everyone have a God blessed day!

2 comments:

Alex Coffman said...

Patrick,

I really hope that they will allow you into Ball State. You would prove yourself, I'm sure of it. I may be going to Ball State in 2 years...we'll see...

Patrick Sumner said...

Alex...Thanks for the encouragement...PS