Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday/Late Evening

OK everyone this has been the most confusing storm to forecast, but I think the area is in for more snow than what has been forecasted.

Here are a few reason why I think so...

-Gulf Moisture is really beginning feed itself into the Ohio Valley. Most models have had low QPF (Qualitive precipitation forecasts) amounts, but I don't quite by into this. Sometimes models have trouble with the phasing of two storm systems or whether the phasing will occur or not. If models can't depict the track, then it's hard for them to spit out how much moisture will be available.

-Latest NAM does have more moisture wrapped into the system, but it tracks it further west. What that would mean for us is more rain then changing to snow with a slushy inch or two. Illinois would see see the heavier snow amounts, however after all the confusion with models today, I'm just going with my gut feeling on this one.

I believe parts of Southern Indiana, preferably (Jackson, Jennings, Lawerence) will get 2-4 out of this system, and maybe an isolated 5 inch amount.

Further south, more sleet/rain will mix in so amounts will be lower, on the order of 1-3 inches of snow. This is my gut feeling from what I have seen the past several days. I believe more moisture will be available then what models are depicting. We should know more by tonight and I may have to adjust these snow totals, IF models begin to agree on track of system and how much moisture will be available...STAY TUNED!

No comments: